Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amy Godwin: a sound unlike any other

You know what's better than great music? Great, free music. And even better than that is great, free music by a local artist. 

The website theblueindian.com is a wonderfully delightful place to find great music from artists in and around Macon, GA. But even if you're not from around that area I'd still suggest you check the website out; it never hurts to support another town's music scene. 

Today while searching the site I came across a gem of an artist by the name of Amy Godwin. I've actually had the pleasure of seeing her perform live at The 567 in Macon and let me just say, she has one of the most entrancing, angelic voices I have ever heard. Her sound is nothing short of magical and to top it off, she has impeccable style. Amy Godwin can do no wrong. Her musical style is very folkish. I'd compare her to an artist, but she really is so unique, I can't even think of anyone. Maybe if Adele had a child with a fairy and their child played acoustic guitar then something similar to Godwin would be produced. That's such a weird analogy...

Anyways, since she's so amazing I feel the need to share her music with everyone I know. 
You can download her music here from The Blue Indian. 

While you're at it, watch this video too. Please. The Blue Indian has all kinds of glorious videos on Youtube of bands that play in Macon. Go to Youtube and search "Acoustic Alley." You won't be disappointed






No comments:

Post a Comment