Sunday, April 24, 2011

Balenciaga "Lariat", the new "Birkin"?

When Balenciaga's motorcycle-inspired "Lariat" bag hit the L.A scene in summer of 2005, it was hard to see any celebrity without one casually slung over her forearm.  Although nearly 6 years have passed since the Lariat's debut, it is not uncommon to still spot the bag in the likes of Vogue and InStyle in interesting new colors.  Hermes' iconic "Birkin" bag has long-held the title of "most coveted," but will it have to share the limelight with the Lariat as a "classic" in the near future? Only time will tell.
Personally, I love the edgy feel of my Lariat-style bag (it is an imitation, of course, but an excellent one I might add!). Pairing it with a plain tank top and jeans adds new dimension to an otherwise "blah" ensemble.  I suppose I am a sucker for a bag with studded hardware and straps!

No comments:

Post a Comment