Saturday, May 7, 2011

Daily Style - May 7


belt - Old Navy, dress, headband - yard sale, necklace - Forever 21

Do you know why I'm so proud of this outfit? Half of it came from a yard sale. Last weekend, I went to a yard sale in Athens to help support a group of students who are going on a mission trip. I've never had a lot of luck with yard sales, but that's probably because I haven't been to one since I was in elementary school, unappreciative of nice, cheap finds. At the yard sale in Athens I snagged a whole bag of clothes, including this dress, for $5, the blue (homemade!) headband for $2, and an awesome multi-colored bag for $2. I was reluctant about wearing this dress since it's so plain, but I fixed that easily by pairing it with some simple yet effective accessories. So next time you go to a yard sale or antique store, I dare you to find at least one thing. You'll be surprised by what you can find and you'll feel good paying under $10 for an entire outfit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment