Thursday, April 21, 2011

Earthfest 2011!

I may not be perfect when it comes to being environmentally friendly, but I'm still a sucker for anything that has to do with saving our environment. This past weekend I got the chance to attend Earthfest and write an article about it for The Colonnade, Georgia College's newspaper. The festival ended up being more fun than I imagined it would be.



One of my favorite activities at the festival was painting on the big mural. This gave the festival attendees the freedom to express their creativity. Being the artistically challenged person that I am, all I could paint was a blob of color with glitter on it. I decided to just tell people it was abstract and the meaning behind it was way to deep for them to understand. That excuse always works.


The most popular thing at Earthfest actually ended up being a giant inflatable world. People were taking turns trying to jump on top of the world and see who could stay on it the longest. It was definitely a very amusing thing to watch!


The festival stayed true to their environmental awareness theme by hosting vendors who were selling homemade jewelery, air-filtering plants and "seed balls" (balls of dirt with various seeds inside them that you can throw and watch them grow!). I thought thesearrings were absolutely precious. I never would have thought that beer bottle caps would make such cute jewelery!


All in all, Earthfest was a very entertaining and informative festival. 

And remember:
Always recycle, and always turn lights and appliances off if you're not using them! 
It may not seem like a lot, but a little goes a long way! 








No comments:

Post a Comment